Case Study 1: Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Read the following articles: “The dark side of BYOD” from TechRepublic and “BYOD As We Know It Is Dead” from Forbes.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Identify the primary benefits of BYOD in organizations, and determine the key ways in which its concepts can enhance an end user’s overall working experience.
2. Analyze in detail the major risks surrounding BYOD, and analyze the security controls and technologies that are currently available and being utilized to manage these risks.
3. Provide a real-world example of how BYOD either positively or negatively affected an organization’s productivity and / or security.
4. Determine whether or not you would consider implementing BYOD concepts in a real organization and whether or not the benefits outweigh the risks.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment (no more than 2-3 years old) from material outside the textbook.
Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.