We’re talking a lot about advertising and social media this week. Let’s apply this directly to one of the successful ad campaigns mentioned in this module’s lecture:
- ALS #IceBucketChallenge
- Always #LikeAGirl
- Coca-Cola #ShareaCoke
- IKEA bookbook video
- McDonald’s Super Bowl 2015
- Taco Bell #OnlyInTheApp
- Virgin America Boo videos
In a minimum of 3 pages, please do the following:
- Provide a summary of the ad or include a screenshot, and explain what the intent behind the ad is.
- ??From there, look at what the ad actually says (like the beer ad from Module 3 says that women are sex objects).
- Describe how social media plays into the intent and the actual message?
- What made it successful (or not successful)?
- What ideas and opinions do you have about the product or brand after reviewing the ad?
- What can we learn about how businesses use Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, etc. to communicate, network, broaden their customer base, and promote their products/services?