Critical Thinking: Evidence Based Practice (EBP) and “Person-In-Environment” (PIE). In a 3 to 4 page paper:
- Review Critical thinking, as described in the text.
- What does it have to do with science?
- Review the articles about Evidence-based practice and the Person-In-Environment Perspective and Classification system.
- What is EBP (Evidence-Based Practice)?
- How does EBP view the Person-in-Environment perspective?
- Discuss the background of the PIE classification/perspective and the individual/environment dichotomy. (Is it either intrinsic/or extrinsic, or both that impact an individual?)
- Consider the differences between PIE as a lens through which to view an individual, and the use of the PIE classification system. What are the advantages of viewing people from this lens?
- Using critical thinking, describe the value, merits or strengths of this classification system as well as any drawbacks or negatives you may notice.