BSOP 434 Logistics Week 8 Final Exam Source 1
- (TCO 10)??________ and ________ are the two basic organizational structures associated with logistics.
- (TCO 10)??One problem with a _________ logistics structure is that, because logistics activities are scattered throughout the firm, they likely remain subservient to the objectives of the department in which they are housed.
- (TCO 3)??Rate structures deal with three factors. Which of the following is not one of them?
- (TCO 3)??A transportation manager who purchases a pre specified level of transportation services, regardless of the mode and/or carrier providing the transportation services, is known as a(n):
- (TCO 2)??A function in organization that encompasses all activities associated with the flow and transformation of goods from the raw material stage through to the end user, as well as the associated information flows, is termed:
- (TCO 2)??Which of the following is not a key attribute of supply-chain management?
- (TCO 1)??Inventory held for a number of reasons, including projected price increases, seasonal demand, and potential stockouts, is referred to as:
- (TCO 1)??Vendor managed inventory (VMI) benefits include:
- (TCO 8)??International freight forwarders can provide a number of functions. Which is not one of them?
- (TCO 8)??What is used in areas where dock workers cannot read but need a method to keep documents and shipments together?
- (TCO 7)??Which of the following statements is false?
- (TCO 7)??The raw materials, component parts, and supplies bought from outside organizations to support a company???s operations define:
- (TCO 4)??Logisticians and supply chain managers have a particular interest in ____ taxes.
- (TCO 4)??A brownfield is:
- (TCO 5)??____ regulates the packaging of international air shipments.
- (TCO 5)??____ systems consider the reverse flow of products, their reuse, and the marketing and distribution of recovered products.
- (TCO 6)??The order cycle is:
- (TCO 6)??Order transmittal is:
- (TCO 9)??How do data and information differ?
- (TCO 9)??Which of the following is not considered a general software package?
- (TCO 12)??Surveys and analog techniques are examples of ____ forecasting.
- (TCO 12)??Which forecasting techniques tend to be appropriate when there is little or no historical data?
- (TCO 11)??A(n) ____ rate simplifies each of the three primary rate factors???product, weight, and distance.
- (TCO 11)??The shipment size that equates transportation charges for different weights and weight groups is the ____ concept.
- (TCO 13)??Throughput refers to:
- (TCO 13)??____ refers to a process where a product is received in a facility, occasionally married with a product going to the same destination, and is then shipped at the earliest time, without going into longer-term storage.
- (TCO 4)??What is a free trade zone?
- (TCO 9)??Discuss some of the challenges associated with computer security.
- (TCO 9)??Why are some companies hesitant to adopt RFID technology?
- (TCO 12)??Forecasting accuracy refers to the relationship between actual and forecasted demand, and accuracy can be affected by various considerations. What is one of the challenges with the analog technique?
- (TCO 13)??According to the text, what is contract warehousing?
- (TCO 14)??What areas and/or activities are typically planned to be included into Distribution Resource Planning (DRP)?
- (TCO 3)??How are carriers legally classified?
- (TCO 6)??What is order management?
- (TCO 5)??Compare and contrast the various handling characteristics associated with bulk cargoes.
- (TCO 6)??Examine the various methods of order transmittal and differentiate the relevant characteristics of each one.
- (TCO 11)??Compare and contrast the three primary factors for determining rates.