You are looking ahead to starting a business after graduation. A colleague recommended that the two of you begin developing a plan now to determine how funds will be obtained to launch the business and support operations. You both agree that the business will require at least $50,000 of start-up capital and one employee besides yourselves. Include the following information in your plan:
- Describe the type of banking and loan arrangements you would use to collect the funds to launch the business, and explain how these accounts would be monitored to ensure accuracy and sufficiency of funds. Show an example of how a loan might be constructed to obtain the start-up capital, including computations of payments and interest.
- Discuss the types of taxes you will need to consider collecting, paying, or remitting relative to your business, and explain how these are computed.
- Explain how you will use pricing, commissions, discounts, markups, or markdowns strategically to help generate interest in your business product or service offering.
- Discuss how these will affect income and the cash available to the business.
- Assuming that inventory and computers are among the first asset purchases planned, explain how these will be acquired.
- Show computations of how costs will be recovered.
- Discuss how technology and the Internet will be used for banking and financial aspects of the start-up and operation of your business.
- Discuss the issues and risks associated with processing financial transactions and records on the Internet, and explain how you plan to address them.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running header and your title should be in ALL CAPITALS.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times New Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3–4 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indentions, italics, and upper- and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.