Locate three separate science lesson plans from different grade levels that are aligned to the same discipline and core idea across the NGSS.
In a 500-750-word discussion:
Deconstruct the lesson plans and describe the components within the lesson plans that reflect how the students are actually engaging in science practices: observing, classifying, inferring, measuring, communicating, predicting, hypothesizing, and/or experimenting.?? Deconstruct how the lessons engage the students in science and engineering practices from NGSS:??
- Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Using mathematics and computational thinking
- Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
- Engaging in arguments from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information.
Analyze and detail how the lessons progress regarding depth of knowledge and engagement in science and engineering practices, either following or not following the demands of the NGSS and its performance expectations.?? Provide links to the lessons.??
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.