Compare ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCD Coding
In this activity, you will explore the differences between ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS. You will also have a complete understanding of the purpose and timeline for the transition.
- Go to the government website of the Centers for Disease Control at??www.cdc.gov??and conduct a search for ICD-10.
Also, read the??ICD-10 Fact Sheet attached below??released by the Department of Health and Human Services. You’ll also want to read this AHIMA article Learning and Using ICD-10-PCS.http://journal.ahima.org/2011/02/09/learning-and-using-icd-10-pcs/
Note. ICD-10 was implemented in 1994 by World Health Organization (WHO) member states. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) is responsible for developing ICD-10-CM/PCS, a modification that is being implemented in the United States.
- Review the information found on the website and handout regarding ICD-10-CM and PCS.
- Prepare a 2 page summary of information about ICD-10 covering??ALL??of the following:
- Purpose of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS
- Compare and contrast ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS and be specific about ways that they are different.
- What treatment settings will each of the coding systems be used in?
- How do you think this will improve coding and reimbursement in the United States?
Your paper should:
- Be 2 pages in length.
- Properly cite research sources.
- Be free of spelling and grammar errors
All kinds of papers in all subject areas
We can successfully deal with all kinds of school assignments corresponding to various academic disciplines. Among these school papers are:
- Custom essays
- Dissertations and theses (undergraduate, Master's, PhD)
- Research and term papers
- Courseworks and case studies
- Admission essays and personal statements, etc.