Create a hypothetical organization with details including geographic location(s), number of employees in each location, primary business functions, operational and technology details, potential threats to the business and its technology, and anything else that you believe is relevant to the business.
Assume this organization is lacking in its contingency planning efforts and requires assistance in ensuring these efforts are appropriately addressed to increase its overall security and preparedness posture.
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
- Provide an overview of the organization and indicate why contingency planning efforts are needed and how these efforts could benefit the business.
- Develop a full contingency plan for the organization. Include all subordinate functions / sub plans, including BIA, IRP, DRP, and BCP efforts.
- Determine the policies and procedures that would be needed for all contingency planning efforts. Detail the role of the policy / procedure, and explain how each would help achieve the goals of these efforts.
- Detail the processes to utilize in order to fully implement the contingency plan and its components, and explain the efforts to consider in maintaining the plans.
- Create a hypothetical incident scenario where the contingency planning efforts would need to be utilized and detail: a. How the plan is sufficiently equipped to handle the incident. b. a timeline for the incident response and recovery efforts.
- Identify any ethical concerns that are specific to this organization and its incident response personnel (especially the CP Team Leader), and explain how to plan for these concerns.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain risk management in the context of information security.
- Develop a disaster recovery plan for an organization.
- Summarize the various types of disasters, response and recovery methods.
- Compare and contrast the methods of disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Explain and develop a business continuity plan to address unforeseen incidents.•Describe crisis management guidelines and procedures.
- Describe detection and decision-making capabilities in incident response.
- Develop techniques for different disaster scenarios.
- Evaluate the ethical concerns inherent in disaster recovery scenarios.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in disaster recovery.
- Write clearly and concisely about disaster recovery topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.