Assignment: The Harvard Business Review presents a story about Peachtree Healthcare called “Too Far Ahead of the IT Curve?” and some challenges it faces in IT integration. After the case study’s formal presentation, four commentators weigh in on what solutions they would propose. The commentators include a CEO of a large health care organization, an airline CIO, a researcher knowledgeable about service-oriented architecture, and a professor of medicine.
Read the article until the commentaries and then stop. Before reading the commentaries, jot down a few of your thoughts, ideas, opinions, and relevant experiences related to Peachtree’s situation and how you think they should proceed. You need this information for your final paper. After you have jotted down your thoughts, finish the article.
Write a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper, which explains what you would recommend to Peachtree to solve their IT problems as if you were hired as a consultant. Support your recommendations with references and outside citations. Address the following questions:
- How did your opinions about what should be done differ before you read the commentaries and after you read them?
- Which of the commentators’ opinions made the most sense to you? Why?
- Which parts of the recommendations will you use?
- Which parts of your recommendation are unique?
- Provide a full explanation of what you would recommend and why.