Guidelines: Support your responses with scholarly academic references using APA style format. Assigned course readings and online library resources are preferred. Weekly lecture notes are designed as overviews to the topic for the respective week and should not serve as a citation or reference.
In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples that demonstrate a clear connection to the readings.
In your participation responses to your peers, comments must demonstrate thorough analysis of postings and extend meaningful discussion by building on previous postings.
Note: Review South University’s Online Participation Policy, Helpful Tips, and Late Work Guidelines available by clicking on the South University Policy and Guidelines navigation tab under Course Home. The late policy applies to late discussion question responses.
Answer the following:
- Coaching and mentoring should be a core competency of nurses prepared at the graduate level. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Defend your response.
- Based on your graduate specialization, identify one coaching activity that you can do in this advanced practice role. What strategies would you employ for this activity?
- Describe one mentoring activity you might complete with a mentor that would help you to acclimate to your new advance practice role. Should this activity be structured or unstructured?
Consultation is a core competency of graduate nursing. Answer the following:
- Differentiate consultation from supervision?
- Are consultation and collaboration synonymous? Defend your response.
- Give an example on how you have seen the consultation competency practiced in your current nursing area. Explain if the practice followed the graduate competency criteria.