1. Briefly discuss the mortgage-related schemes that emerged with the downturn of the financial markets in 2008, as identified by the FBI.
2, Briefly discuss the types of work-at-home business scams carried out by fraudsters, and the red flags associated with such scams.
3. Briefly describe multilevel marketing and the circumstances under which it may be illegal or fraudulent. What should one look for in evaluating a multilevel marketing program?
4. Briefly discuss the purpose behind, and importance of, the ACFE Fraud Prevention Check-up. How should an organization use the results of the check-up?
5. Briefly discuss the steps that should be taken if fraud is suspected in an organization?
6. Briefly discuss fraud involving concealed liabilities and expenses, red flags associated with the fraud, and the ways in which forensic accountants identify/detect them.
7. Briefly discuss fraud involving improper asset valuations, red flags associated with the fraud, and the ways in which forensic accountants identify/detect them.
8. Briefly discuss the various stages involved in a fraud investigation.