ETHC 445 Principles of Ethics
Quiz Week 1
- Q.??Which of the below behaviors are inappropriate in a course?
- Q.??Ethics involves issues of right and wrong, and??emotionally charged issues and ideas; thus, the best way to ensure that my comments are taken in the way I mean them is to _____.
- Q.??Posting in the course’s threaded discussions is an essential element in our online, asynchronous classroom.??Which of the following is??not true about value-adding posts in our course?
- Q.??Which of the following is??the most??appropriate response for a student to post??to??another student??who has??posted this:???? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU???
?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??YOU ARE AS STUPID AS A BOX OF ROCKS!
- Q.??Choose from the following choices the way in which collegiality is valued in our course.
Quiz Week 3
- Q.??Inferring a claim based on data is deductive logic, but what happens when the inference circumvents logical reasoning?
- Q.??A car salesman says this, in order to get you to buy a new car from him: “Buddy! You gotta buy this car. Please! If you don’t buy it, my boss will fire me!” This type of faulty logic is an example of _____.
- Q.??Are you for or against the war on terrorism? What fallacy is operating here?
- Q.??All those old people are cheap.??They never give me a fair tip when I park their cars in the valet parking lot.??Question??5. If children cannot be executed for their crimes, why should we execute people with learning disabilities who have the mental capacity of children?
Quiz Week 6
- Q.??What school of ethics would drive the commanding officer (CO) to follow rules and procedures?
- Q.??For the CO to think about what is best for all indicates what kind of decision making?
- Q.??If the CO’s conscience was bothering him while making a decision, reading up on what ethicist would have made him aware of his thinking and deciding?
- Q.??For the CO to be excessively afraid of upsetting the carrier air group commander displays what about his ethics?
- Q.??The maxim “I uphold only the ethical view that??all rational beings ought uphold” follows _____.????
- Q.??The CO’s??practice of moderation in not taking excessive risks connects him with what concept of ethics?
- Q.??When the CO seeks the utilitarian solution for his dilemma, his reasoning follows what principle?
- Q.??If the CO fails to take action for the injured sailor’s welfare because it might damage his professional reputation, what kind of ethics is operating in the situation?
- Q.??To speculate about “what would the crew want to happen now” engages the CO in what ethics?
- Q.??A decision to ask the injured seaman what he wants to happen is what kind of ethics?