For the Final Project, you are asked to write an eight-to ten-page research report (typed, double-spaced) in which you describe a company of your choice, the nature of its business, a specific product or service, and how that product or service is produced and distributed by the company and then recommend the information technology system you think should be in place and why. Address the following questions in narrative form (according to APA style). Be sure to provide examples and supporting rationale throughout the paper.
Company Background and Information Systems
- What is the name, nature of business, and specific products or services of your chosen organization?
- How are the products or services produced and distributed by the company?
- Why are information systems essential in managing the organization’s business?
- Describe the existing information systems supporting the major business functions of the organization (e.g., sales and marketing, manufacturing and production, accounting, human resources, etc.)
Information Technology Recommendation
- What is your recommendation for the information technology systems you think should be in place and why? Your recommendation should include the following:
- Information needs:
- What types of decisions do users need to make by accessing the information systems?
- What are the different levels of information groups?
- Need for system automation
- Benefits of the proposed system (savings, quality improvements, faster processing, etc.)
- Types of database data elements (data, images, photographs, sound, video, etc.)
- Networking and interactive processing
- Centralization versus decentralization
- End-user computing needs
- Your recommendation to develop or acquire the system software
- Information needs:
Potential Security Threats
- Describe the various threats and security threats to the proposed information system. What security controls are required to address the threats?
Social, Political, and Diversity Impacts
- Summarize the social and political issues raised by the proposed information system.
- Discuss the impact of diversity to the development and management of the proposed information system.
The Final Project – IT System Recommendation
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.