Assignment 2: Corporate Governance and Final Project Week 5: Relationships and Financial Performance; Company Investment Analysis; Final Report and Presentation of Findings
Part One: Corporate Governance
Click here to visit Southwest Airlines Investor Relations.
Review the information the company has provided including the company profile, corporate government guidelines and policies, news and events, financials, and investor resources.
- Identify what Southwest Airlines sought to accomplish for its stakeholders.
- Evaluate Southwest Airlines’ actions with respect to employees and customers.
- Assess Southwest Airlines’ achievements in the area of corporate governance.
- Have the actions and initiatives undertaken by Southwest Airlines made in a positive impact on its profitability? Explain with specific examples and financial data. Cite your sources using APA format.
Part Two: Final Project Week 5: Relationships and Financial Performance; Company Investment Analysis; Final Report and Presentation of Findings
- What is the relationship between your companies and their respective employees and investors? How do these relationships affect financial performance? Are there any issues outstanding for your companies? Provide a rationale for your assessment.
- Compare and contrast your two companies using the financial statements for the two firms and the accumulated data and analysis completed so far.
If you were going to make an investment in one of the two companies, which one would you select? Why? Explain your answer and include financial and nonfinancial reasons for your conclusion.
- Prepare a comprehensive final report that summarizes your research and analysis of the two companies you selected for your Final Project over all weeks of this course. Use good form and cite all sources in APA format.
- Create a 10-15 slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that summarizes your findings and conclusions for your Final Project over the past five weeks.
- By Tuesday, May 16, 2017, submit your answers to the questions in Part One, using an MS Word document, to the W5: Assignment 2 Dropbox. Use good form, show all your calculations and conclusions, and cite all sources using APA format.
Name your document SU_FIN4060_W5_A2_Part1_LastName_FirstInitial
- By Tuesday, May 16, 2017, address the issues for the Final Project, Week 5 outlined in Part Two items 1 and 2. Incorporate your responses in a comprehensive final report, using an MS Word document, and submit your document to the W5: Assignment 2 Dropbox. Use good form, and cite all sources using APA format.
Name your document SU_FIN40605_W5_A2_Part2_LastName_FirstInitial
- By Tuesday, May 16, 2017, create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation consisting of 10-15 slides that summarizes your findings and conclusions for the Final Project over all five weeks.Post this assignment in the Discussion Area and comment on at least two other submissions.
Name your document SU_FIN4060_W5_A2_Presentation_LastName_FirstInitial
For the PowerPoint, this is week 5 so Weeks 1-4 Final Project are:
Week 1: Gathering Financial Data, Key Characteristics, Corporate Governance, and Competitors
Week 2: Income Statement and Balance Sheet Analysis, Performance Comparison
Week 3: Investing and Financing Activities; Interim Presentation and Summary of Findings
Week 4: Issues and Interests of Investors and Other Stakeholders; Analysis of Company Performance
& This week is
Week 5: Company Relationships and Financial Performance; Company Investment Analysis; Final Presentation and Summary of Findings
The Two Companies are Bank of America and Wells Fargo