2. Individual Case Assignment
For the case assignment, you will investigate the firm’s problem(s) as they relate to Information Systems and prepare a written paper for the case. The individual case must be completed by each student and submitted for grade by the due date listed in the course schedule. The individual case assignments are noted on Blackboard under Upload Assignments.
Refer to the rubric and in addition the following instructions. Points will be deducted if these instructions are not followed:
1) The report should be up to 5 pages using Times New Roman font size 12, double or 1.5 spaced in MS Word format.
2) Use appropriate 1-inch margins, headings and sub-headings to correspond to the sections mentioned below
3) DO NOT leave any blank lines between sections, paragraphs or headings
4) Use the following naming convention for your document: (Last name)(First initial)(IndCase) (Example: GudiAIndCase.docx where docx is the MS Word extension).
Executive summary – a couple of short paragraphs which summarize the remainder of the report
Background – use this section to lead in to your Problem Statement; identify symptoms, critical factors and the current state
Problem Statement – a succinct statement of the problem/dilemma/issue, preferably in a single declarative sentence; be careful to identify the real problem and not the symptoms of the problem
Analysis – apply models, course content, and outside research to support your position; logically discuss options, implications and tradeoffs
Recommendations and Conclusions – these should be your recommendations regarding how the organization should deal with the problem; they should be fully supported by the Analysis section
Appendices – References and Charts – does not count towards the 5 pages
Citations must be referenced according to APA style.
Appropriate references: This is a library research paper and you must use at least 3 different sources, not including textbooks. These sources should be company websites, industry sources, journal articles, periodicals, such as the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, and so on, and governmental sources such as the SEC. Wikipedia and other similar sources are not to be used in this course.
The rubric to be used for grading all cases is shown below (refer to “Case Grading Rubric”).
CASE GRADING RUBRIC