Public Healthcare Services
Create a presentation of 10- to 12-slides in Microsoft PowerPoint that addresses any one of the following topics of??Healthy People 2020. Explain how it benefits the individual and the community.
Please select any one topic from the given list:
- Access to health services
- Educational and community based programs
- Environmental health
- Maternal, infant and child health
- Mental health and mental disorders
- Older adults
Note: The title slide and reference slide will be in addition to the twelve slides required.
You are asked to deliver a twenty minute keynote address to an audience consisting of health care, managed care, and government health professionals. You will focus on one topic of the??Healthy People 2020??and address the interests of each audience members. Include the actual speech in the speaker notes below the actual slides of the above presentation.
Also, address the following in your presentation:
- Provide the outlook of the chosen subject and how the health will be affected if requirements are not met by 2020.
- What current public and private agencies provide assistance to the consumer to help them make health changes to meet the requirements of the chosen subject’s objectives?
- What current issues are perceived or real barriers to attain the objectives of 2020?
- What roles do health care professionals from all areas (healthcare, managed care, and government) need to provide to the consumer to help reach specific objectives in 2020?
- What role does public health contribute to meeting one or two objectives?
- What specific health promotion or wellness program will you suggest to help reach the 2020 objectives? If no programs are available, what type of program will you develop?
- How can communities help reduce issues and risks so objectives can be achieved?
- What types of financial support is needed by organizations to make the objectives attainable? Who should support the program financially and if the government is involved, what other program should be cut to be able to meet the needs of this program?
- What health risks will continue to develop if the objectives are not achieved by 2020?
- How will technology advancement help track data, provide resources for individuals, or monitor progress to stay on task for successful implementation?
- What disparities for minorities are apparent to impede progress and not achieve the objectives? Does socioeconomic status factor in to a successful result?
- Conclusion slide: Summarize findings and prediction if the objective(s) are on track to meet the 2020 timeline.