For Ann Harris
In preparation for a meeting with upper-level management, you decide to conduct research on the role of statistical forecasting in decision analysis.
Write a paper of 5–7 pages discussing the importance of accreditation and credentialing, strategies for quality improvement, and the role of statistics and statistical forecasting in the process. Your paper should address the following:
- What are the steps involved in the statistical forecasting process?
- Provide at least 3 examples of statistical analysis tools used for forecasting.
- What role does statistical forecasting play in the quantitative health care decision analysis process?
- How can forecasting used to determine the needs within an organization for purposes of quality improvement?
- Your discussion should include how you can use statistical forecasting related to patient treatment, readmissions, emergency room (ER) wait times, and so forth as a means of determining what areas to focus on for the quality initiative.
Also, but seperate
- Based on your review of the data, you have identified 3 key areas of concern that you would like to address as part of the quality improvement initiative. If not addressed, these areas of concern may affect the organizations accreditation and/or profitability:
- Patients are having to wait for extended periods of time in the emergency room (ER).
- AKT is not implementing effective capacity management strategies for the resources that are currently available.
- There are a high number of readmissions due to patients being discharged too early.
You decide to work with staff and management to develop and implement new policies that are grounded in evidence-based practice (EBP). To communicate the new policies with the staff, you will write a 2-page memo addressing the areas of concern and the new EBP policies that now be in place. In the memo, address the following:
- Discuss the 3 areas of concern and how these can affect accreditation and/or financial status of the organization.
- What is evidence-based practice?
- How can evidence-based practice approaches be used to improve health care outcomes?
- A set of new policies and procedures that includes 2-3 strategies based on EBP approaches for each area of concern that will be effective immediately
- The memo should cite specific examples from the research reviewed regarding EBP approaches to resolving the issues