Fundamentals of Networking
Unit 3 – Discussion Board
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You are trying to describe the Ethernet as the most common local area networking standard for your coworkers, friends, or family members. Discuss the following:
- Provide a detailed description about the Ethernet as the most common local area networking standard for wired networks.
- Discuss the most common components that are used to create an Ethernet network.
Unit 3 – Individual Project
This week, you should successfully complete the Network Addressing (Section 6.5) lab activities. Use the following instructions to successfully complete your assignment:
- To complete Network Addressing (Section 6.5) lab activities, access and review the following lab sections:
- 6.5.1 Device Addressing
- 6.5.2 IP Addressing
- 6.5.3 Addressing Facts
Each single computer on a specific computer network should have a unique address; otherwise, it is hard to know which computer the information goes to. Complete the following:
- Illustrate the two types of computer addresses that are used on computer networks (physical hardware address and the logical address).
- Explain how they are working.