Help Save a Species Essay- SPECIES ALREADY DECIDED
SPECIES: GALAPAGOS LAND IGUANA
Conservation is an interdisciplinary subject where everyday actions of humans have an impact on species in foreign countries. To help solve these impacts, it is important to understand how our actions affect the environment. For this portfolio option you will choose one species that you want to ensure will be around for many generations. It can be any plant or animal naturally found in the wild (no humans, domestic cats, domestic dogs, etc.). You will produce a paper about the threats your species is facing and how we can help overcome them. You will also create a pamphlet that you could use to spread the word about the issues your species is facing and encourage people to help it. Your paper will address the following elements:????
- Describe your species, including where it is found, what it eats, who eats it, how it interacts with humans, etc.
- Discuss the IUCN Red List status (is it endangered?) and research the threats to the survival of this species. Use the IUCN Red List (http://www.iucnredlist.org/) as one of your sources for this section.
- Describe the threats facing your species and how these threats affect other species as well. Are humans or organizations one of the threats?
- Discuss solutions to the threats facing your species. What solutions have been presented by people in the field? What solutions can your think of based on what you know?
- Choose one way you can help save your species. Try it out and record data to show how your changes will have an impact. Start recycling for a week. Become a vegetarian for a week. Start buying FSC certified products. Create a compost pile. Switch to organic farming in your garden. Plant a pollinator garden. Reduce the amount of time you spend in the car for a week. Is your house drafty? Look into ways to reduce the loss of heat/cool air and try one out. Reduce the amount you use the heater or air conditioning by increasing or decreasing the setting a few degrees. What else can you think of to do? This must be a change in your habits from before so you can record data on the impact your change had.
- Discuss why you chose the method to help that you did and how it went.
- Present the data you collected from before and after the change to show the impact your change had.
- Is this something you could continue to do? What would be the impact on the environment if you did continue to implement this change?
- Your written paper should be five to seven pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- You need to cite at least ten sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. Six of these sources must come from academic journals. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find resources.
- Your paper must be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- If you need assistance with your writing style, start with the links under the Research Help and Writing Help tabs on the CSU-Global Library???s homepage.
- Pamphlet – In addition to the paper, you also need to complete a pamphlet. This pamphlet can be aimed at any audience of your choosing. The purpose of the pamphlet is to educate your audience about the issues your species is facing and motivate them to help! Make sure you use plenty of properly cited images. Support your pamphlet with at least two properly cited references.
All kinds of papers in all subject areas
We can successfully deal with all kinds of school assignments corresponding to various academic disciplines. Among these school papers are:
- Custom essays
- Dissertations and theses (undergraduate, Master's, PhD)
- Research and term papers
- Courseworks and case studies
- Admission essays and personal statements, etc.