ANSWER 8 SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS USING THE LINK ABOVE
NO CITATIONS. JUST SIMPLE ANSWERS
High Carbohydrate vs. High Fat diets
1. Which energy nutrients are considered the most important for endurance exercise?
2. What are the estimated percentages of stored energy from fat and carbohydrate in the body?
3. How much glycogen is stored in the liver in the hours after a meal? In trained athletes with large muscle mass, what might this increase to?
4. List the factors that determine the contribution of carbohydrate and fat as substrates for energy during exercise:
5. What is supercompensation?
6. Describe “classical” the carbohydrate loading protocol and list the disadvantages.
7. What was observed in the inhabitants of Greenland and their dogs in relation to their diet?
8. From a health perspective, what are the negatives to eating a high fat diet?