HIM 105 week2
he healthcare industry uses different terminology systems to aid in the exchange and use of information, as well as to increase efficiency. Your instructor will assign a terminology system for each student to research from the following list: the assignment has to be done on highlighted topic.
- Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System Atlas (BI-RADS)
- Clinical Care Classification (CCC)
- Current Dental Terminology (CDT)
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Diseases, Fourth Edition, Text Revision (DSM-IV-TR)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Substance Registry System (SRS)
- Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN)
- Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
- Human Genome Nomenclature (HUGN)
- International Classification of Diseases for Oncology, 3rd Revision (ICD-O-3)
- International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM)
- International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Procedure Coding System (ICD-10-PCS)
- International Classification of Diseases, 11th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-11)
- International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM)
- International Classification of Primary Care (ICPC-2)
- International Classification on Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF)
- Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC)
- Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities (MedDRA)
- National Cancer Institute Thesaurus (NCIt)
- National Drug Codes (NDC)
- Systematized Nomenclature of Dentistry (SNODENT)
- Systemized Nomenclature of Medicine-Clinical Terminology (SNOMED CT)
- Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System (UMDNS)
Address the following points in your post:
- What is the purpose of the terminology system?
- How does the system relate to medical terminology?
- How does the terminology system work?
- Are any laboratory or pathology tests or procedures required to use the system?
- Provide an example of the terminology system.
Include at least one scholarly source, excluding the textbook, to support your 300-350 word initial post. All references used must be cited in correct APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.