HLT-308V Week 1 Risk Management Program Analysis Part One
For this assignment, you will research risk management programs for health care facilities or organizations. Review the criteria below in order to select an exemplar that applies to your current or anticipated professional arena. (Note: Select an example plan with sufficient data to be able to complete the assignment successfully.)
In a 1,000-1,250 word paper, provide an analysis that includes the following:
- Brief summary description of the type of risk management plan you selected (new employee, specific audience, community-focused, etc.) and your rationale for selecting that example.
- Description of the recommended administrative steps and processes in a typical health care organization risk management program contrasted with the administrative steps and processes you can identify in your selected example plan. (Note: Select an example plan with sufficient data to be able to complete the assignment successfully.)
- Analyze the key agencies and organizations that regulate the administration of safe health care and the roles each play in the risk management oversight process.
- Evaluation of the selected exemplar risk management plan regarding compliance with the American Society of Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM) standards relevant to privacy, health care worker safety, and patient safety.
- Proposed recommendations or changes you would make to your selected risk management program example to enhance, improve, or to secure compliance standards.
In addition to your textbook, you are required to support your analysis with a minimum of three peer-reviewed references.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.