This week You will research the coding guidelines and why they are important and key to being a good coder.
Pay special attention to any introduction to the coding guidelines. how the coding guidelines are organized in each
respond to the following questions:
- Why are coding guidelines used?
- Where are they found in each code book?( ICD-10-CM professional physicains, ICD-10 PCS, CPT coding book)
- When are the guidelines used?
- Why do coding guidelines help a coder become successful?
Next research responses to the following questions.
- Why are coding guidelines so important?
- How is coding evolving?
You will need to use at least three sources. Use at least one source from an academic journal and one from AHIMA. Your third source can be from a resource of your choosing. Be sure to use credible sources. You will also need to cite your sources on a reference page using APA format.