The Final Project consists of building a customer service database to be submitted by the final day of the course.
Focus of the Project
Using the Microsoft Access database you created in Week Three: Customer Service Database, complete the following:
- Output three queries using Structured Query Language (SQL) code (not the standard access view). Provide examples of operations. You should include the following:
- A query on all contacts in the customers table showing first name, last name, address, e-mail address and three additional fields from the table.
- An update query that changes one or more customer records but not all records.
- A delete query that removes one or more customer records but not all records.
- Using SQL commands add a field called Birthday to the Customers table. Populate all of the fields with data. Show your SQL query in a screenshot with before and after data.
- Report on Customers in Database showing Names, State, and Phone Numbers. Show the SQL query and the resulting report in a screenshot.
- Create a report showing contact names and birthdays. Do not show records without a birthday. Show the report and the SQL query in a screenshot.
- Provide an explanation of referential integrity, including how a lack of referential integrity can compromise data in the dataset and provide examples. Identify the referential integrity in your database. Show the affected tables in each dataset and how the data elements are impacted as the result of add, change, or deletion (UAD) operations in a before and after screenshot.
All data and screenshots should be included in a Word document with an explanation of the actions you performed.