Info Tech_6 Questions needs answers
1. “Freedom with Fences” Please respond to the following:
· Reflect upon Robert Stephens’ discussion of “Freedom with Fences” from Chapter 1 of CIO Best Practices. Discuss the implications of this concept on the CIO, the IT organization, and the technologies that are managed by the IT organization.
· Assess the impact that the “ Freedom with Fences” concept, as described by Robert Stephens, would have on the operations of an organization.
2. “Keys to Success” Please respond to the following:
· Reflect upon the “Keys to Success”a from Chapter 22 of the Lane textbook. While it is understood that all the keys are important, select one and then explain why it is the most important.
· With the understanding that the CIO and the IT organization are the threads that connect the entire organization, in your opinion, explain how the “Keys to Success” work to comprehensively address all IT-related projects and requests. Explain the importance of each key.
3. “The Four IT Business Management Domains” Please respond to the following:
· Determine the interconnectivity of each of the four IT business management domains as discussed in Chapter 2 of the Stenzel textbook on page 57. Explain how each domain impacts the other.
· From each business management domain, identify the two most important areas a CIO should accept responsibility for in order to strategically lead the organization. Support your answer with a rationale for why you believe these are the most important areas.
4. “Framework” Please respond to the following:
· Evaluate each of the approaches to applying the framework as discussed in Chapter 8 of the Lane textbook. Determine how each approach would align to the organization for future growth and success. Give your opinion as to the validity of each approach.
· Identify three aspects of portfolio management that allow the CIO to strategically align IT with organizational goals and discuss why these aspects are important.
5. “Cloud Computing” Please respond to the following:
· Consider the three component layers of cloud computing, and explain in your own words how each layer of technology is related. Ensure that each layer is addressed.
· Discuss how cloud computing can reduce costs while providing a robust technological environment to improve organizational effectiveness. Support your answer by using a specific business sector or industry (i.e., manufacturing, distribution, government, educational services, technology, and computing).
6. “Fundamental Design Principles” Please respond to the following:
· Explain how each fundamental design principle is integral to process improvement within the logistics and distribution industry.
· Explain why adhering to the four fundamental design principles are important considerations when developing secure applications.