Review the elements required for a disaster plan addressing an internal disaster. Based on your review, create a 2-page report in a Microsoft Word document covering the hospital’s (internal) disaster plan for how the staff reacts and carries out their duties in the event of an internal disaster.
Your internal disaster plans should include:
- Size and type of your hospital (you decide this)
- Type of internal disaster (fire, explosion, biological etc.)
- Key medical and administrative staff to be contacted
- Central point for communication
- Particular service areas such as intensive care unit (ICU), labor and delivery unit etc.
- Other hospitals in your area and how you intend to coordinate with those facilities (you decide this)
- Implementation on internal transfers (moving patients from one area of the hospital to another)
- Implementation of external transfers
- Evacuation plan
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format. No plagiarism…will be checked by TURNITIN
Tuesday, November 29, 2016.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Identified and described the elements required for a disaster plan.||
|Identified and described the size and type of your hospital and the type of internal disaster.||
|Identified and described the key medical and administrative staff to be contacted and the central point for communication. Described particular service areas such as ICU, labor and delivery unit etc.||
|Identified other hospitals in your area and described how you intend to coordinate with those facilities.||
|Described implementation on internal transfers, of external transfers, and evacuation plan.||
|Used correct spellings, grammar, and professional vocabulary. Cited all sources using APA format.||