Least Restrictive Environment
It is important for special education teachers to understand the least restrictive environment (LRE), as well as help educate other administrators, teachers, and families in making the best decision for students being serviced by an IEP.
Create a brochure on the topic of LRE that includes, but is not limited to, the following items:
- The definition of LRE.
- When the LRE is addressed in the IEP process.
- How often the LRE should be reviewed.
- Who decides the LRE of a student.
- Service delivery determined in order to provide LRE.
- Explanation of types of service delivery (self-contained, resource, inclusion).
- Teacher qualifications for service delivery.
- Parent’s involvement in determining the LRE for their child.
- Advocacy rights of parents.
You brochure should be organized in content, and 750-1,000 words overall.