MGMT 340 Week 1 Course Project Homework & Quiz
- MGMT 340 Week 1 Project: Company Overview Package
Petrie’s Electronics Case, Chapter 2, Questions 1, 2, and 4
- How do information systems projects get started in organizations?
2. How are organizational information systems related to company strategy? How does strategy affect the information systems a company develops and uses?
4. What do you think Jim’s next step would be?
MGMT 340 Week 1 Problems/Exercises
- Chapter 1
1. Why is it important to use systems analysis and design methodologies when building a system? Why not just build the system in whatever way seems to be “quick and easy?” What value is provided by using an “engineering” approach?
8. How might prototyping be used as part of the SDLC?
3. In the section on choosing off-the-shelf software, eight criteria are proposed for evaluating alternative packages. Suppose the choice is between alternative custom software developers rather than prewritten packages. What criteria would be appropriate to select and compare among competing bidders for custom development of an application? Define each of these criteria.
4. How might the project team recommending an ERP design strategy justify its recommendation as compared with other types of design strategies?
MGMT 340 Week 1 : The Systems Development Environment – Quiz
- Question : (TCO 1)The information system includes all of the following EXCEPT
2. Question : (TCO 1)The process of breaking the description of a system down into its smaller components best defines
3. Question : (TCO 1) The extent to which a system or subsystem performs a single function defines
4. Question : (TCO 1) A centralized database that contains all diagrams, forms and report definitions, data structure, data definitions, process flows and logic, and definitions of other organizational and system components best describes
5. Question : (TCO 3) In which SDLC phase will the analyst study the organization’s current procedures and the information systems used to perform tasks?
6. Question : (TCO 3) Priorities for systems and projects are deliverables for the
7. Question : (TCO 3) A systems development methodology created to radically decrease the time needed to design and implement information systems best describes
8. Question : (TCO 3) The practice of turning over responsibility of some or all of an organization’s information systems applications and operations to an outside firm is referred to as
9. Question : (TCO 3) An organization should acquire software from in-house developers when
10. Question : (TCO 3) Reusing software can