MGMT 597 All Homework
MGMT 597 Homework Week 1
- Three Different Answer Papers 9.4 – 10.7 – 11.4 – 13.1
MGMT 597 Homework Week 2
- 14.2 Real Property Robert Briggs and his wife purchased a home located at 167 Lower Orchard Drive, Levittown, Pennsylvania. They made a down payment and borrowed the balance on a 30-year mortgage. Six years later, when Mr. and Mrs. Briggs………..Who wins?
- 16.10 Intentional Interference with Contractual Relations Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG & E) entered into a contract with Placer County Water Agency (Agency) to purchase hydroelectric power generated by Agency’s Middle Fork American………..Bear Stearns also agreed to pay the legal fees incurred by Agency in litigation concerning the attempt to get out of the PG & E contract. Who wins and why?
- 18.2 Good or Service Mr. Gulash lived in Shelton, Connecticut. He wanted an above-ground swimming pool installed in his backyard. Gulash contacted Stylarama, Inc. (Stylarama), a company specializing in the sale and construction of pools. The two parties entered into a contract that called for Stylarama to “furnish all labor and materials to construct……….Is this transaction one involving goods, making it subject to Article 2?
- 20.3 Revocation of Acceptance Roy E. Farrar Produce Company (Farrar) was a packer and shipper of tomatoes in Rio Arribon County, New Mexico. Farrar contacted Wilson, an agent and salesman for International Paper Company (International), and ordered 21,500 tomato boxes for $0.64 per box. The boxes were to each hold between 20 and 30 pounds…………Who wins?
MGMT 597 Homework Week 3
- 22.10 Reference to Another Agreement Holly Hill Acres, Ltd. (Holly Hill), purchased land from Rogers and Blythe. As part of its consideration, Holly Hill gave Rogers and Blythe a promissory note and purchase money mortgage. The note read, in part, “This note with interest is secured ……………Does the reference to the mortgage in the note cause it to be nonnegotiable?
- 23.8 Business Ethics Anthony and Dolores Angelini entered into a contract with Lustro Aluminum Products, Inc. (Lustro). Under the contract, Lustro agreed to replace exterior veneer on the Angelini home with Gold Bond Plasticrylic avocado siding. The cash price for the job was ………….Who wins?
- 24.13 Business Ethics Warren and Kristina Mahaffey were approached by a salesman from the Five Star Solar Screens Company (Five Star). The salesman offered to install insulation in their home at a cost of $5,289. After being told that the insulation would reduce their heating bills by 50 …………..Did Five Star Solar Screens Company act ethically in this case? Can the Mahaffeys successfully assert the defense of breach of contract by Five Star against the enforcement of the note by Mortgage Finance?
- 27.2 Priority of Security Agreements World Wide Tracers, Inc. (World Wide), sold certain of its assets and properties, including equipment, furniture, uniforms, accounts receivable, and contract rights, to Metropolitan Protection, Inc. (Metropolitan). To secure payment of the purchase …………….Who wins?
MGMT 597 Homework Week 5
- 29.2 Independent Contractor Mercedes Connolly and her husband purchased airline tickets and a tour package for a tour to South Africa from Judy Samuelson, a travel agent doing business as International Tours of Manhattan. Samuelson sold tickets………….Is Samuelson liable?
- 30.8 Tort Liability Ray Johnson and his eight-year-old son, David, were waiting for a “walk” sign before crossing a street in downtown Salt Lake City. A truck owned by Newspaper Agency Corporation (NAC) and operated by its employee, Donald Rogers, crossed the intersection and jumped the curb, killing David and injuring Ray. Before………….Is NAC liable?
- 34.7 Liability of General Partners Pat McGowan, Val Somers, and Brent Robertson were general partners of Vermont Place, a limited partnership formed for the purpose of constructing duplexes on an undeveloped tract of land in Fort Smith, Arkansas. The general partners appointed McGowan and his company,…………Who is liable to the suppliers?
- 35.7 Removal of General Partner The Aztec Petroleum Corporation (Aztec) was the general partner of a limited partnership. The partnership agreement provided that it could be amended by a vote of 70 percent of the limited partnership units. More than 70 percent of these units voted to amend the partnership agreement to provide……………….Who wins?
MGMT 597 Homework Week 6
- 36.11 Business Ethics John A. Goodman was a real estate salesman in the state of Washington. Goodman sold to Darden, Doman & Stafford Associates (DDS), a general partnership, an apartment building that needed extensive renovation. Goodman represented that he personally ……………Was it ethical for Goodman to deny liability? Is Goodman personally liable?
- 37.5 Dividends Gay &’s Super Markets, Inc. (Super Markets), was a corporation formed under the laws of the state of Maine. Hannaford Bros. Company held 51 percent of the corporation &’s common stock. Lawrence F. Gay and his brother Carrol were both minority shareholders ……………Who wins?
- 37.7 Duty of Loyalty Lawrence Gaffney was the president and general manager of Ideal Tape Company (Ideal). Ideal, which was a subsidiary of Chelsea Industries, Inc. (Chelsea), was engaged in the business of manufacturing pressure-sensitive tape…………….Who wins?
- 39.9 Duty of Loyalty Ally is a member and a manager of a manager-managed limited liability company called Movers & You, LLC, a moving company. The main business of Movers & You, LLC, is moving large corporations from old office space to new office space……………Is Ally liable?