1. For this Forum, we focus on your Week 7 Leadership paper. This forum will help you get ideas and maybe help defeat any writer’s block.
2. For your initial post:
(A). Discuss your idea for the Leadership paper due in week 7 to include an outline and reason why the topic is important to you.
Primary topics include either your movie selection or your TV series selection & alternate topics (if approved by week 2) include Leaders in the News; Corporate Leadership Failures/Successes and/or Government Failures/Successes.
From the paper assignment requirements:
You are to select and view ONE of the below movies:
1. Schmidt, A. (Producer), Wallace, R. (Director). (2002). We Were Soldiers [Motion Picture]. United States: Paramount.
2. MacDonald, L. (Producer), Scott, R. (Director). (2000). Gladiator [Motion Picture]. United States: Dreamworks & Universal Pictures.
3. Field, F. (Producer), & Zwick, E. (Director). (1989). Glory [Motion Picture]. United States: Sony Pictures.
Or TV series:
4. The Office, US version (you may use one or more episodes, just make sure to properly cite the reference).
5. MASH (you may use one or more episodes, just make sure to properly cite the reference).
6. House, MD (you may use one or more episodes, just make sure to properly cite the reference). I highly encourage you to use this series, it has numerous excellent examples.
If you do not want to watch any of the above movies or TV shows, you must email me by the end of week 4 for an alternate assignment.
Alternate topics include Leaders in the News; Corporate Leadership Failures/Successes and/or Government Failures/Successes.
(B). Discuss some ideas you have for topics that fall in the movie/tv/alternate categories (based on your selection). Submit your answer in this Forum by clicking “Post New Thread” above. (Do not enter your answer in the Assignments section of your e-classroom.)
3. Then respond to at least two (2) of your peer’s answers by clicking the “Reply” link. Encourage them to seek out depth in their paper and provide some feedback on how their topic relates to the class. [100-200 words per peer response].
Initial Post Due: Thursday, 11:55 p.m., ET
Responses Due: Sunday, 11:55 p.m., ET
Instructions: Your initial post should be at least 250 words. Please respond to at least 2 other students. Responses should be a minimum of 100 words and include direct questions.