Select one of the following ethical issues in healthcare from the following choices:
- Gender selection in human embryos
- Stem cell transplants
- Foregoing curative medical treatment due to religious beliefs
- Futility of care
- Abortion after six months
If no topic listed here is of interest to you, contact your instructor for permission to consider a different topic.
Use the CSU Global Library and select Internet sources to conduct research on your chosen topic. Based on your research, provide the history of the issue from a legal, ethical, and moral perspective. In your presentation address the following questions:
- Do the consequences of actions always direct what is morally required?
- What should happen when two principles come into conflict? For example, should patient autonomy be considered more important than beneficence? Defend your position.
- Are moral and ethically rules always binding, or are they only guidelines to be assessed in each case? Defend your position.
Your PowerPoint presentation should meet the following requirements:
- Be twelve to fifteen slides in length, not including the cover or reference slides
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of eight scholarly references – four of these references must be from outside sources and four may be from course readings, lectures, and textbooks. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Include detailed speaker’s notes throughout the presentation
- Utilize headings to organize the content in your work
- Be submitted as a PowerPoint file. Do not submit presentation as a .pdf file.