The foundation of working with networks is to understand basic networking technology concepts such as:
- Network architecture.
- Networking standards.
For this assignment, you are asked to:
- Define the basic concepts of networking technology, including network architecture.
- Select either the IEEE or the ISO as a standards-setting organization and explore that organization’s Web site. Using this Web site and your textbook, answer the following questions with regard to standards:
- Explain the purpose and role that standards-setting organizations play in establishing network standards.
- Identify at least two standards in network technology.
- Explain how standards can contribute to the advancement of the network industry.
- Note the importance of the work done by your selected organization in the advancement of network technology.
Your paper should:
- Include a title page, table of contents, introduction, headers for each section, and a reference page.
- Not exceed five pages, excluding title, table of contents, and reference pages.
- Use at least three references. The references can come from Capella’s library or the Internet. You may also use your textbook for one of the references.
- Be in APA format, including references and headers.
- Meet the criteria listed in the Network Technology Concepts Scoring Guide.
You are required to submit your assignment to the Turnitin source matching tool. Once complete, attach your paper to this assignment and submit it to your instructor by Sunday evening.