Resource: Brochure Builder
Imagine that you are a nutritionist, and responsible for educating your customers on the importance of eating healthy. You notice many of your customers have been following a low-carb diet when they want to lose weight. You are concerned about their health and would like to provide them with more information on how their bodies use carbohydrates.
Create a 2-page pamphlet explaining carbohydrates to your customers. Include the following information:
- Define carbohydrates and the basic function of sugars and starches in the body.
- Describe the difference between simple and complex carbohydrates.
- Describe how sugars are broken down and used in the body.
- Discuss the benefits carbohydrates provide to the body.
- Provide examples of foods that are considered healthy sources of carbohydrates.
Include information on one of the following disorders related to carbohydrates: lactose intolerance, diabetes, or hypoglycemia. Address the following:
- Define this disorder.
- Explain how it affects the body.
- Provide some courses of action used to treat and manage the disorder.
Submit the brochure to your instructor.
Access the American Heart Association website.
Review the various links on fats and oils found in “Fats and Oils” section.
Access the Nutrition.gov website.
Read the “MedlinePlus: Dietary Fiber” section.
Write a 350- to 700-word response in APA format answering the following questions:
- According to the “Face the Fats” sections, what are the unhealthy and healthy fats?
- Define saturated fat, unsaturated fat, trans-fatty acids, and hydrogenated fats. How are trans-fatty acids harmful?
- What are some diseases associated with the type and amount of fat in the body?
- What are the functions of fiber and lipids in the body?
- What are some food sources of dietary fiber?
- What are some benefits of a high-fiber diet?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.