Prompt: First, review your Milestone One submission wherein you summarized the desired resolution to the conflict in the case study based on your knowledge of the organization’s business goals, customer needs, and the process that needs to improve. For this second milestone, you will provide the Measure and Analyze phases of the DMAIC process and apply them to your selected case study. You will first measure performance by creating a process to gather data on the current situation and then begin to create a picture of what the future state will look like, focusing on the proposed solution.
Address the following critical elements as they relate to your chosen case study:
II. Measuring Performance: What process will you use to gather data on the current situation?
· How will you effectively collect data on the identified variables (from the SIPOC analysis) and how will you evaluate the data?
· Include a draft of an Ishikawa diagram (fishbone diagram) of the variables that contribute to the conflict by highlighting the critical variables that require further analysis.
· What role will these critical variables play in developing corrective changes to address the conflict in the problem statement?
III. Analysis: Focusing on the proposed solution, describe what the future state will look like.
· Based on the variables you identified and the information provided in the case study, what are the root causes of the conflict?
· If this were a live situation, what are some questions you would ask of the stakeholders (voice of customer) to pressure test your initial assessment of the probable root causes?
· Using the “Five Whys” process, include some additional questions you anticipate needing to ask as stakeholders answer your initial question.
Milestone Two should be 2 to 3 pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, and citations in APA style. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page