New Work Only, Not anything done in the past!
Refer to this weeks textbook reading to help inform this assignment.
Prepare a 10 -slide (excluding Front Slide and References slide) PowerPoint presentation wih Speakers Notes detailing the history of learning disabilities.
Provide substantial definitions and discuss discrepancies that may cause misidentification of students. Include:
- strategies to prevent misdiagnosis.
- resources for parents of children with learning disabilities
In addition, please include a component that is interactive for the audience.
Video clips may be included, but may not be longer than three minutes.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
The Text book:
1. Strategies for Teaching Learners with Special Needs Read chapters 1, 2, and 3 in Strategies for Teaching Learners with Special Needs.
Others (May help you as appropriate)
1. Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as Amended Read “Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as Amended,” from the American with Disabilities Act www.ada.gov/pubs/adastatute08.pdf
2. Managing Inappropriate Behavior in the Classroom Read “Managing Inappropriate Behavior in the Classroom,” from the ERIC Clearinghouse on Handicapped and Gifted www.vtaide.com/png/ERIC/Managing-Inappropriate-Beh.htm
3. Managing Your Class room Review the Classroom Management resources located on the National Education Association www.nea.org/tools/ClassroomManagement.html