PROJ 587 Quiz Week 3,6 Programme Management
PROJ 587 Quiz Week 3
1.Question :(TCO A) You work for Holt consulting company, which has been asked to recommend organizational improvements for CDC Software Company. You have been assigned to present PPM. Your boss has informed you that CDC Software Company knows nothing about PPM and you will need to cover the items below in your presentation.
• What is a PPM?
• Compare PPM, PgM, and Project level
• Benefits of each (PPM, PgM, and Project)
• Why should CDC Software Company implement a PPM?
2.Question :(TCO B) In project orientation it is important to determine both the project needs from the project’s perspective and from the organization’s perspective. From the project’s perspective, the main areas of concern are project scoping, project programming, and project autonomy. In your own words, explain what is meant by project autonomy.
3.Question :(TCO C) The program management life cycle was developed to not only ensure successful realization of organizational/program strategies but also to create a process to plan, identify, and resolve specific cost, schedule, or quality problems associated with the program. The five phases of the program life cycle are formulation, organization, deployment, appraisal, and dissolution. In your own words, describe the appraisal phase and how it aids in planning, identifying, and resolving specific cost, schedule, or quality problems associated with the program.
4.Question :(TCO C) The following acronyms are used when working with project budget or schedule: PV, AC, EV, & BAC. Define these acronyms, explain how they are calculated, and how they are used to measure or explain the projects budget and schedule
PROJ 587 Quiz Week 6
- Question :(TCO D) As a project manager, dealing with conflict is part of the job. There are many sources of conflict; one source that is often overlooked is the manager. Based on the Week 4 reading and lecture, what major ways do people deal with conflict? Share a personal experience of conflict and how you dealt with the situation.
- Question :(TCO E) In order to have a high-performance team you must first recognize the qualities of a high-performance team. Describe at least five qualities of a high-performance team and then what can be done to develop those qualities in a team.
- Question :(TCO F) The PMI Code of Ethics is made up of four areas: responsibility, honesty, respect, and fairness. Discuss the area of respect and what it means for you, the project manager.
- Question :(TCO F) Value management (VM) is the application of value methodologies with the purpose of improving organizational effectiveness. Value management is made up of five sub processes: sense making, ideation, elaboration, choice, and mastery. In your own words, explain what mastery is and how it is used in VM.