PROJ 598 Week 4 Discussions & Course Project
PROJ 598 Week 4
Week 4 DQ 1: Risk Factors in Contracts
Contract Pricing (Graded)
Using alternatives specified in Chapter 8 (Garrett, pages 124-127), discuss what kind of contract pricing might be best for the following procurement situations. Arrange to select a topic “round robin style” so that you select the next topic that has not already been discussed. Which of these topics are better served using one of these contract vehicles: Firm Fixed, Cost Reimbursable, or Time & Material contracts? Be sure to define each of these contracts before aligning a topic.
- Adding a room to your home
- Landscaping your company’s grounds
- Developing a new software module
- Purchasing new desktop computers
- Conducting a survey of employee attitudes
- Purchasing a new home
- Purchasing an older home
- Purchasing a new car
- Purchasing a used car
- Leasing a new car
- Leasing an apartment
- Contracting for office supplies
- The purchase of an office building
- The contracting for company healthcare services
- Contracting for a fleet of company owned cars
- Contracting for a service agreement for a new car
- Contracting for insurance for a new appliance
- Contracting for a new roof for a home
- Outsourcing of a customer service division
- Purchasing of a new cell phone and a service plan
- Contracting for new windows for a home
- Contracting for new car insurance
- Purchasing life insurance
- Purchasing a new air conditioner/heater (HVAC system) for a home or business
- Purchasing a new boat
- Purchasing membership in an exclusive club/resort/timeshare
Week 4 DQ 2: Risk Factors in Contracts
Source Selection (Graded)
Class: Read the “Peach Computer Company” Case found in the Case Study Area of Doc Sharing, and discuss the following:
What are the main issues in the case, and how would you begin to resolve them using some of the concepts we have discussed in class?
- What alternatives are available to resolve the issues?
- What type of contract incentive (s) could you adopt to make this case more successful and why?
- Provide an analysis of the four bidders. What are the benefits and disadvantages of each supplier? Which bidder would you select and why?
- What factors should be considered or addressed in the implementation? How would you implement your recommendation?
- Do you feel that company politics would have an impact on the selection of the supplier?
PROJ 598 Week 4 Course Project :
PROJ 598 CourseProjec Week 4 Complete RFP