Select an informational text from Appendix B of the Common Core standards for English Language Arts.?? Research a minimum of five reading comprehension-teaching strategies.?? Develop a graphic organizer for each strategy:
- Each graphic organizer will support the comprehension strategy being used.
- Design the graphic organizers around the informational text and strategy.
- Include a summary of 1-2 paragraphs for each graphic organizer explaining how you would use this in a comprehension lesson.
- Include your rationale. Specify the potential benefits of using each graphic organizer and how it will support assessment of knowledge.
Use the GCU Library to research 3-5 peer-reviewed articles in support of your content. (Please let me know if you are able to access articles using the links above.)
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
1. Comprehension Clinchers
Read “Comprehension Clinchers,” by Marcell, from??Teaching Pre K-8??(2006).
2. Making the Very Most of Classroom Read-Alouds to Promote Comprehension and Vocabulary
3. The Comprehension Matrix: A Tool for Designing Comprehension Instruction
Read “The Comprehension Matrix: A Tool for Designing Comprehension Instruction,” by Gill, from??Reading Teacher??(2008).
4. The Road Not Yet Taken: A Transactional Strategies Approach to Comprehension Instruction
Read “The Road Not Yet Taken: A Transactional Strategies Approach to Comprehension Instruction,” by Brown, from??Reading Teacher??(2008).
1. Reading A-Z
Explore the Reading A-Z website as a resource for the “Reading Comprehension” assignment.
Explore the edHelper website as a resource for the “Reading Comprehension” assignment.